Super Allies are the straight allies found on the front lines of fighting for equality alongside their LGBT friends. Some of the characteristics of the Super Ally are:
- Actively initiating conversations about LGBT equality with people – and being vocal when they hear something that isn’t inclusive
- Proudly self-identifying themselves as straight allies in all aspects of their lives, from home, to work, to school, and faith communities.
- Becoming engaged in working for LGBT equality by being members and participants in LGBT organizations
- Being willing to take action on legislative and advocacy issues to achieve legal equality for LGBT people
- Attending more Pride parades than their LGBT friends (just joking…although it may be true)
But even Super allies can use some ideas and support for their efforts to learn more, become even more involved, and in advocate for the LGBT community in whatever ways they can. In need of a refresher? Check out the New Allies or the Everyday Allies Already waving your rainbow flag? Check out a few ways to improve your Super Ally game here.